Friday, December 14, 2012

Leadership Style

With limited leadership experience under my belt, I don't know that I have a well defined leadership style - yet.  However, I can speak to how I interact with others and how I imagine my style would be given the opportunity.  I've generally found that I like to be in a situation where I have some level of control over the outcome.  I tend to take ownership of specific tasks or portions of a project in order to maintain that control.  When it comes to leading a team to an end goal, I can be hesitant to delegate a lot of responsibility but I have been working on leveraging the assets and skillsets of peers and/or team members to deliver the best possible result.

What I strive to be as a leader is someone that can guide others based on ingenuity rather than based on how I think others will perceive the direction and leadership.  I also think it's important to take the feedback of others into consideration, but with an overarching look at the problem or issue so that I'm not persuaded without understanding the consequences.  I would like to gain more experience in areas of leadership that will help me reach this goal and provide the credibility with others that I am capable of being a solid leader.   

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, one of the things that I like a lot about you is that you are always encouraging and supporting. I believe that this will be one of the biggest advantages of you. You have the ability to bring people to you and build great trusts in people's heart.

    ReplyDelete