Saturday, September 29, 2012

TVtoWear "Persona Pain-Gain Map"

TVtoWear

For any woman who has coveted the clothing or accessories she sees on TV while watching shows like Sex and the City, TVtoWear is a website that will put that outfit in your shopping basket with just a few clicks of the mouse. Unlike other clothing websites like Amazon or department store sites, TVtoWear will connect you directly with only those fashions you are interested in as seen on the likes of actresses like Sarah Jessica Parker.

To put together a pain-gain map for TVtoWear, we start by asking some key questions:

  • What does a bad day look like for her?
  • What is he afraid of?
  • What keeps her awake at night?
  • What is he responsible for?
  • What obstacles stand in her way?
  • What does this person want and aspire to?
  • How does this person measure success?
  • What can we offer this person?



3 comments:

  1. As I have already said on myWPI. I love this idea! That’s exactly a service I am looking for. You even save my money on those fashion magazines. I always buy these magazines to check out their “what to wear” sections. Usually, one magazine will have one or two pages introducing the actress’s outfits. That’s not enough. But your website fulfills all my needs, fashion information and purchasing as well. Just LOVE it. I strongly recommend you should really try this business plan in real. I read Carmin’s blog first. So I put some of my thoughts under it. Please check out and see if it would work. Best wishes for this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously LOVE this idea and so happy I can be a part of this business plan! I completely agree with Menting as far as saving on magazines as well...I don't buy many, but when I am in the doctor's office and the article breaks down a celebrity's outfit and mimics it with more reasonable priced items that I could afford, it would still entail going to 5 different stores to get every piece...which brings me right back to where I was when reading the article...no time, no fashion sense, but I know what I like and can't feasibly get it before the style is outdated:-)
    As we have discussed, I believe this business model has scaleability in that if it proved successful, could obviously be applied to men's fashion, furniture, paint colors etc., basically anything that is shown on TV and either worn by the actors/actresses or colors and furniture used on the sets could be purchased with a couple clicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I am a total outsider when talking about fashion, especially cloth :-) But I do know my wife gets related magazine/catalogs all the time. My teenaged daughter follows her celebrity idols all the time. Your idea will most likely have a positive impact on at least 2 people from my household :-) I do have a question on where or if you can get hold of these fashion styles at a reasonable price point on a consistent basis. Aren't most of these access wear customized fashion on their TV shows? I guess there isn't any issues making copies (e.g. unlike patent violations) in the fashion business, right?

    Carmin's idea of extending your business to men's fashion, funiture etc. is a good one. You will definitely expanding your customer base. However, keep your customer segment small initially should give you a chance to plan and pivot (hopefully not perish:-)) if you need to.

    ReplyDelete